Saturday, September 19, 2009

Ruthin Craft Centre

Today I went to see this interesting exhibition Follow A Thread, Innovative Craft - Dedicated to positioning craft of international quality at the heart of 21st century culture at Canolfan Grefft Rhuthun - Ruthin Crafft Centre

I Googled the artists when I came home and here I share what I found with you. I must admit that personally I found Linda Green's work very appealing, with Anna Ray and Sara Brennan following closely.

Anna Ray
Linda Green
Jo Barker
Sara Brennan
William Crozier
Matt Hulse

As usual I took lots of photos while I was there, but I didn't take any photos of the artists work. A few autumn leaves and circles.











4 comments:

Vicki W said...

Awesome photos!

Heather said...

Wonderful photos Mags - I like the third one especially - and your circles. I love the shape of cog wheels. Thanks for the links - I'm off for more delights.

Julie said...

Beautiful photos Mags and I agree with you about Sara Brennan's work. I'm delighted this exhibition is coming to Harley Gallery near me so I will be able to see it. Thank you for sharing and for the links. Very different work some of it.

Matt Hulse said...

Hi Mags

Beautiful photos.

If you're curious, there's a limited edition DVD available which contains two unique works relating to the show 'Follow A Thread'.

The first is a copy of the film 'Lightwork (Many Hands)' which is featured in the show, an unusual look at the work of weaving.

The second is a documentary of the extraordinary event 'A Stitch in Time' that took place at Dovecot Studio Edinburgh (2009) involving weavers, musicians, film makers & visual artists.

You can buy this at the Ruthin Craft Centre shop, or by contacting info@innovativecraft.co.uk.

Best wishes, Matt Hulse