Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Country Channel TV

Country Channel TV
I have just watched Talking Threads on the Country Channel and it was very good. I look forward to the next one!

I have decided to take it easy for a few days as I just realised my feet have hardly touched the ground in just over a week and have come to a full stop. But what a wonderful week I've had and if someone told me I could do it all over again I would.


The evenings are drawing in and it's almost time to draw the curtains again, but this was what the sky looked like last evening. It was so beautiful.


This is one of the Chester Cathedral windows taken today.


While I was waiting for my husband to pick me up in the car I noticed this grill on the wall of a house and then.....


I noticed this lovely hinge on the door. Isn't it unusual?


As I looked down on the pavement I noticed a small circle. I think it must once have held a lamp post.

9 comments:

Aussie Jo said...

Good idea to have a rest day and recharge the batteries; I'm just off to have a nap and a read of a new book that just arrived from Book Depository, before the mob arrives home from school starving and raiding cupboard and fridge!!!
Your day at the knitting and stitching looks very productive, I will look forward to seeing what you make.

Julie said...

Beautiful photographs Mags. That door hinge is very unusual and beautiful. Enjoy your rest if you can slow down enough ;o)

ju-north said...

Stopping and looking produces beautiful images - like yours!

Helen Cowans said...

Beautiful sunset

maggi said...

Lovely photos. That sunset is beautiful. I am looking out at fog at the moment. Thanks for the reminder about Talking Threads, I had forgotten about it.

Gina said...

Enjoy your rest! Isn't that door hinge beautiful.

Heather said...

Lovely images of Chester Cathedral and nearby, and that sunset is so spectacular. I watched Talking Threads too and thoroughly enjoyed it. Isn't it nice to think we have nine more programmes to look forward to? Enjoy your rest.

Carol said...

Love the pictures.Especially the sunset

vintagerockchick said...

Hi Margaret,
Thanks for the link to Talking Threads - looks really interesting, but after successfully watching half the programme it stopped and wouldn't re-start. Will have to try again later. Glad you got your catalogue. I know what you mean about not enough hours in the day. I'm a CTDG member too by the way! Gill x