Saturday, November 14, 2009

I'm back!

I have just returned from a short holiday in Tenerife.

This was not the best of holidays for me and we faced problems from the beginning. It had to be cancelled and the alternative we were given meant I was missing the Embroiderers' Guild Biennial Exhibition of all things. This did not put me in the best of moods as you can imagine.

The flight was very disappointing, the seats uncomfortable with no leg room. My tray sloped and I spilt my orange juice into my food and my roll popped out of the bag and disappeared under someone's seat. I'm sure you are beginning to get the picture?

We duly arrived safely and the weather was perfect for the whole 2 weeks if a little too hot. The hotel was perfect and the food wonderful, but... I had picked up a heavy cold on the way over, it was so bad it could even have been the flu and lasted a week. Then, in the meantime I was eaten alive by mosquitoes which doesn't usually happen to me in Tenerife.

After that little moan there were parts of the holiday I thoroughly enjoyed and I still took loads of photos and read quite a few books and relaxed. The flight home was much better, but this holiday ended as it began by having a frightening landing. We were almost touching the ground when the engines revved up and up we climbed back into the clouds. I understand this was another plane that was too close for comfort.


After all this I have been suffering from post-holiday blues and was even sorry I had booked an Embroiderers' Guild course making book covers with Miriam Forder and almost cancelled it. I warned my husband that I might be home after lunch. But it would have been a mistake to cancel and after half an hour, the 'blues' had gone and I am now back to my usual cheery self you will be pleased to hear and shall moan no more.

Please visit Croesew for details and photos of the course which was wonderful as we have come to expect from Miriam.
Posted by Picasa

19 comments:

Doreen G said...

It sounds a bit Faulty Towerish Margaret.

Doreen G said...

It sounds a bit Faulty Towerish Margaret.

Doreen G said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Doreen G said...

sorry about all the comments Margaret--blogger is playing silly buggers

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

Good to have you back Mags. The holiday travel sounds a bit of a nightmare, but sometimes it is good to get away... you can appreciate what you have at home on the return.;0). Glad to hear you are feeling cheerful again.
Best wishes
Maggie

tinyshinythings said...

Oh Mags! So sorry to hear your holiday was dogged with misfortune. Glasd you're back - physically and back to your old self.

Fran├žoise said...

I'm glad you're safely back! We had the same type of landing in Manchester a few years ago... really scary!

Helen Cowans said...

Oh no, sorry to hear you had such a rotten time. But I'm glad you enjoyed part of it and were able to have a rest. Hope you are feeling recovered now.

Toni said...

Welcome home Mags. Sorry the holiday was not up to your usual good times. I was wondering how you were getting on as you were so quiet and usually manage some contact even when travelling. Glad the course cheered you up. Toni

Heather said...

All's well that end's well Mags, and I'm glad there were parts of the holiday that you can recall with pleasure, and that you got home safely. You must have had an international cold as I have it now and haven't been anywhere! Hope you are quite recovered now. The course sounds great and obviously helped you to regain your usual positive attitude. The sample on this post looks very interesting.

Julie said...

I was about to send you an email to see where you were so I'm pleased to see you are home safe and recovered. Your journey sounds extremely scary so I'm pleased the pilot got you down safely. Your surface from the workshop looks exciting. Take care of yourself.

Laura said...

I cannot imagine you being down in the dumps or grumpy, so I'm glad you're feeling cheerful again. Pity about the holiday-mishaps!

maggi said...

Glad that you are back safe and well and that at least parts of your holiday were worthwhile.

Sandy said...

Sorry your holiday had bad patches. I had a flight to Hawaii that was similar. I'd rather be stitching. Welcome back.

JP said...

guessed you must have been away with you being so quiet!!!!!!!!! - sorry you were ill - it is horrible when you are ill away from home but guess all that sunshine will have topped up your vitamin D with all this horrid weather around

Mystey Artist said...

I love the mixture of colors in this one! beautiful!

Aussie Jo said...

Lovely cloth paper Mags.
What a shame your holiday was so pear shaped, but luckily it wasn't all bad.
It didn't take long for a bit of creativity to have you back in touch!!
Cheers
Jo

Gillian said...

I suppose when things like that happen to us in an ordinary week we take it on the chin, but being a holiday makes it so much worse, doesn't it. I'm glad you managed to relax at least for part of it! x

Said said...

Thank you i like your designs also
Check back each week for free professional unique embroidery designs, Save your money ,You don't have to buy , we provide you with different format ART, DST, PES, EXP, HUS, XXX, VIP, SEW, JEF. You can use it on your embroidery business like T-shirt, dress, underwear,... etc
http://embroidery.allnewthings.com/