Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Books

Tonight I have been surrounded by books as I start on the major job on indexing all my library books. I have only done one small shelf and find I have 61 books done. I think the results will be surprising.

I'm using LibraryThing which was recommended by Gill Thomas of An Elegant Sufficiency

I have also sent away to NEHOC Direct in Australia for extra lamps and screens for my Gocco Printer which I bought some time ago from Liz Plummer of Dreaming Spirals and still have not used. Now I'm looking forward to trying it out. My designs have been ready to use for a long time.

7 comments:

Helen Suzanne said...

looking forward to seeing the results Mags :)
Does your library thing have a scanner or do you have to type the ISBN onto the computer?

Deb H said...

Hi Mags, I couldn't find your email. I would love for you to join my class, but really doubt I could teach you anything, I think it would be the other way around! Do you each at all? I could always submit your name to the Quilt Guild & the Fiber Festival!

Sue Bleiweiss said...

I haven't used my gocco in ages. Indexing all my books would be very overwhelming!

Gill said...

Oh Mags, I must now go and log in to LT and make a link - I wonder if we have a similar taste in books?

Yeah right!

Thanks for reminding me to go to the nehoc page again too.

Heather said...

This all sounds very technical Mags - no wonder you are known as Digital Gran!! I wouldn't even dare to count my books, I have so many, and bought three more today from an excellent cut price bookshop in Ledbury.

JaneO said...

look forward to seeing your gocco prints.

Gina said...

I think my books could do with indexing there are so many!