Sunday, December 06, 2009

Christmas Lunch


The postman brought me a lovely surprise first thing in the morning. A postcard from Carol T. I had completely forgotten she owed me one from a swap on Alphabet postcards and this arrives. The letter O. It's just beautiful and a lot of time has been spent hand stitching this card, so it feels very personal. Diolch Carol (thanks) We both have Welsh as our first language!


This is me on the left with my friend Carol. Can you tell I am very satisfied after a meal of Melon with Strawberry Sorbet, Nut Roast and finished off with Sticky Toffee Pudding.
To read more about the Christmas lunch and the Speaker Norma Walmsley, who was a Governess to Royalty, visit Croesew.


I thought you would be interested in seeing who won the Wild and Wacky competition. This is Anita on the left above with her friend Emma. As you see, we have many young participating members at the North Wales Embroiderers' Guild, which augurs well for the future.


This of course is the winning bag made from bread tags and can pullers.

Don't forget our exhibition at the Voirrey Embroidery Centre until January 8th 2010.

5 comments:

Fran├žoise said...

Nice postcard!
This looks like a very elegant event. I'm impressed!

Julie said...

Lovely card and what a beautiful location for your meeting.

Heather said...

Love the card and the photo of you at the meeting. Who would think that bread tags and ring pulls could be made into something so beautiful.

JP said...

I look forward to seeing the exhibition at the Voirrey - we often pop in on the way back from awalk at west kirby or Thurstaston

Mystey Artist said...

wow! lovely event! I like the card