Thursday, December 03, 2009

Wild and Wacky

The North Wales Embroiderers' Guild's exhibition at The Voirrey opened yesterday and I had my first opportunity to see the work that had been entered for the Wild and Wacky competition. It was so difficult to get good photos with all the guests present and meeting friends and talking too much. Forgive me for the poor quality of some of these.


This is the article that won first prize and I think it's absolutely wonderful. It uses recycled bread tags and ring pulls. Congratulations Anita (Kumar). A well deserved win.


Here are most of the entries all together above and it really shows the high quality of the work.





These are some of the best photos I managed to take. But I particularly liked this one above myself.


And here is one last glance at my friend. She's enjoying her visit to The Voirrey very much, but I do hope she won't buy too much stuff otherwise she'll have to hire a Taxi to come home.

I will be putting more photos on the Croesew blog in the next few days I hope.

4 comments:

Nellie's Needles said...

Wonderful wild and wacky things. Thanks.

Heather said...

I would love to have seen that exhibition Mags. The little gold evening bag is gorgeous - such a clever idea. It was lovely to see your 'friend' again and I'm sure she met lots of enthusiasts and had a great time. There was such a wonderful variety of items it must have given the judges a real headache chosing a winner.

Julie said...

Beautiful work all round! Thanks for showing us.

Textile Art Showcase said...

Lovely work Margaret - there are some clever people about - with some really interesting ideas.