Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A busy year ahead

It seems I'm to have a busy year starting with 2 workshops in February and I am busy preparing work for these classes. I have another couple of courses and some talks booked during the year. One is through the medium of Welsh showing how much fun using the Embellisher machine can be and the other is at Plas Tan y Bwlch
Snowdonia National Park Authority where we will be making bags using the Embellisher.


Below is another bag made using the Embellisher.


It was made for a recent article in Design It the Computer Textile Design Group magazine. It was developed from a design created in Paint Shop Pro. Many people find it difficult to know what to make using their designs and I enjoy using a variety of techniques and methods to create various textiles. This one was made using the Embellisher with added hand stitching. It's very colourful and it's been lined with yellow fabric to finish it off.

Aussi Jo asked recently what make Camera I used and here is a review of the camera Jo. Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18

15 comments:

Nellie's Needles said...

Fab Bags! They should be a hit in your workshops.

Dolores said...

Gorgeous bags. You do keep busy.

Fran├žoise said...

Nice bags. I really like the colours in the first picture.

solange bonnet said...

Beautiful bags. I like colors and design of the second.

Frances said...

beautiful bags Mags, lucky people going to your workshops,

maggi said...

Gorgeous bags. That camera has had very good reviews.

ju-north said...

Love the bags! By the way, how do you get the invite for Footsteps - just tried to register without success.

Sue Bleiweiss said...

Love the flap design on the second bag = very nice!

Textile Art Showcase said...

The bags are lovely Margaret. I especially like the last one worked on the embellisher.

Julie said...

Beautiful bags Mags. Hope the workshops go well.

Gina said...

I love those blue and purple bags in the first picture.

Aussie Jo said...

Your bags are lovely Mags, great colour combinations. Thanks for the camera review link, I will check it out.

Sandy said...

They are beautiful.

Katerina said...

Hello Margaret

It's Katerina; I used to work in Marks and Spencer and I got your details the other day!!!

Thank you ever so much for not forgetting me. I looked on you blog. There is so much beauty and inspiration on it !!! Thank you, thank you very much!!! I will definitely keep checking it!
Could you tell me something more about your workshops, where , how long and how much are they?

Wish you wonderful, creative day:

Katerina

p.s. This was actually supposed to be an e-mail, but it kept giving me error for some reason. That's why I am posting it here

MargaretR said...

How lovely to hear from you Katerina.

I may have written my email address in too much of a hurry when I was at the pay desk in Marks.

Here are the details of the course http://www.eryri-npa.co.uk/print/print.php?nav1=studycentre&nav2=3&nav3=2&nav4=&nav5=829&nav6=&lang=eng&view=print&id=0&contrast=2&searchword= You will have to look lower down for the exact details. If you would like to come, I am taking my Embellisher machine with me which I will let you use if you don't have your own. It's a lovely place to stay and the food is fantastic usually :)
They do take day students which is a lot cheaper.
Feel free to send me any questions you have.

Mags Here is my email address( margaret.rbts@virgin.net )Please get in touch again.