Friday, January 29, 2010

Dragonfly

I thought you might to like to see what went into these designs.


This poor dragonfly was trodden underfoot by someone in Tenerife and of course I had to pick it up and put it in my journal. Unfortunately the top side was a bit crumbled...


so I had to use the underside which was really beautiful.


Have you ever looked down into a swimming pool on a hot afternoon? It's just begging to have a photo taken.


I'm still playing, but learning about Photoshop Elements 8 at the same time. It's changed a lot since version 3 and it's a long time since I used that.


But I'm getting the hang of it now and as you can see below enjoying myself too.

10 comments:

Julie said...

Looks great Mags! I've just put Elements 6 on the computer and I don't have a clue either. I need to find some playtime.

ju-north said...

Did you get some tips from DJP's course?

maggi said...

Although the dragonfly was a little unlucky you were incredibly fortunate to get such a wonderful close up. I had no idea that they looked like that underneath.

Gina said...

Amazing photos and designs!!! (I'm so glad you mentioned that the dragonfly had already lived his life. He/she is so beautiful!)

Joan said...

Some wonderful photos, what is the on-line course you are doing? I would be interested to find out more. I love your blog, you are so energetic and productive.

sandra wyman said...

Love these Mags - I have access, through a class I'm doing, to the Leeds City Museum store and had fun drawing dragonflies - they are amazing creatures and great feats of engineering apparently!

Deb H said...

THese are all so beautiful! What fun you are having with this!

Heather said...

Poor dragonfly, but it lives on in your wonderful designs Mags. I don't have a clue about designing with the computer and would need to join a class and get a load of software for it. I've enough to keep me busy at the moment so will continue to watch from the sidelines and enjoy your work.

JP said...

these are so lovely

... Paige said...

one of my grandsons found a dead dragonfly and kept it for me.
sweet boy