Saturday, January 30, 2010

Embellisher work

Creating 3D work always gives me great pleasure. I have just finished the dish shown below.



Here you can see both inside and outside the dish which I made using the Embellisher. I made 2 separate bowls and put one inside the other and joined them together as I didn't like the outside of the dish when I first made it.


This is another dish I made when I was writing an article for the Fibre and Stitch on line magazine. If you subscribed to it you will find the instructions in Issue 3


Here is a photo of the castle in Conwy taken early this morning. You can always tell with my photos of the castle what time of day it is as the sun shines from the left in the morning and from the right in the evening. I always think what a very useful example these photos would make to teach youngsters how to highlight cylindrical shapes.


The towers and the three bridges. The cube shape is part of Stephenson's Wrought Iron Tubular railway bridge. The one you can barely see in the middle is Telford's Suspension Bridge which is not used any more as it was too narrow for today's traffic, so a new bridge was built. But there's also a tunnel that goes under the river for the main A55 traffic. If you would like to read about them more fully have a look here Conwy Suspension Bridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


The estuary in the early evening.

11 comments:

Heather said...

Beautiful photos of the estuary and castle Mags, and I love both your dishes.

Sandy said...

The bowls are wonderful. Makes me want to do some embellisher work.

Penny said...

Love the bowls.
I didnt relise there was an underground tunnel, we used the bridge on both our visits.
They are stunning photos, if I may I would love to use them as the basis for a sketch.

Aussie Jo said...

I just went off to my files to find your article and spent an hour browsing all the Fibre and Stitch mags. There are some great articles in there I had forgotten about!!

Ali Honey said...

I love "your castle," Mags and it's many moods. Have you used it as a starting point for any of your work ( other than photography )?

Vicki W said...

The bowls are wonderful!

diane.ca said...

You are such a inspiration, I love the bowls and your photo are beautiful.

Ruth said...

Love the dishes - I've been working on more 3D pieces, aren't they fun? The castle photos are very cool too.

smarcoux said...

As always your work is wonderful Mags. You certainly do live in a wonderful part of the world.
Sandy

Emmy said...

I love your bowls and the pictures are wonderful

Julie said...

I shall have to dig out my F&S, the bowls are gorgeous, especially the greeny one. Beautiful photograph of the estuary.