Tuesday, January 05, 2010

A happy and Creative New Year to you All

I think my enforced rest has done a lot of good as I'm full of energy if not yet ready run and climb. Like most people at this time of the year my thoughts turn to all I want to do during this year, I don't believe in making New Year Resolutions as I never keep them longer than a week. This year is the year for organizing myself and I have already started, quite accidentally.

My laptop crashed and I lost everything, but luckily I do save most things along the way and I now have a 1TB external drive! So I decided to reformat the laptop. Then came the second laptop that I take on holiday and lastly my PC in the workroom which had become too slow to bother with recently. This has taken me about 4 days, but it is worth the effort. I still need to sort out and tag 1000's of photos, getting rid of some I don't need. This can be done now and then when I have a few minutes.

In between I have been sorting out the kitchen finding the most convenient place for things. Never mind the kitchen has been like this for the last 20 years. I am going to have a new kitchen soon and I just wanted to try a few things out.

At the same time I've been in the workroom reorganizing up there, well this was started during last year, but left in a worse mess than when I started, but I'm really making progress there this time round.
So you can see what I mean when I say the rest was good for me?


This photo was taken around 5 o'clock this evening and doesn't it look cold?


The Conwy bridge with it's background of snow was taken this morning.


You just have to admire this gentleman who was out in the snow taking his 3 dogs for a walk. I only managed to take a photo of two dogs, the third was lagging behind.

11 comments:

Julie said...

Brrrr! It looks cold over there as it is here! Glad to hear you are getting your energy back Mags, I had been wondering about you.

Fran├žoise said...

Your castle looks great in the snow! Looking forward to seeing it again in real next year.
I wish you a great 2010!
Regards.

Gina said...

Good to see you back and full of energy Mags. Happy New Year to you.

Helen Cowans said...

Snow at last :)

maggi said...

You really do sound revitalised. Enjoy 2010.

Heather said...

Beautiful photos as always Mags. There's something about this time of year - I plan to sort stuff out for recycling and charity shops, and to tidy my workspace so that hopefully I can be more creative. At the moment I feel surrounded by muddle and it is not a good state to be in. Glad you are feeling so energised - hope you are quite recovered now.

Aussie Jo said...

Welcome back Mags,
Spring clean in the winter!! Sound good when the weather is so cold out.

Purple Missus said...

Pleased to see you back Mags - Happy New Year, I hope its a good one for you. :)

Anita Kumar said...

A very, very happy new year to you and your family. Glad you are up and about. We are so used to seeing you being so active that it's nice to see that normalcy has been restored. I also wanted to say that I really, really liked your digital card and your message about us being a global village. Your words really touched me.
Anita Kumar

Laura said...

Hi Mags, beautiful photo's of "your" castle. All the best for a happy, creative year! I'm impressed with your computer skills - I always need to wait for DH to do that stuff. But then again, you're not called Digital Gran for nothing!!

Dolores said...

Beautiful photos. I have missed your posts but it is nice to take a break every now and then.
I do hope you have a very creative and fruitful year.