Sunday, January 24, 2010

Red and sky blue pink

First another apology. I have not been replying to my comments in the last month or so, neither have I been visiting any blogs. But thank you for all your lovely comments, they are very much appreciated.

As usual, clicking on all the images in my posts will bring up a larger one.


This is not an evening sky, but a morning sky. I was up early sometime during the last week and took a few photos and I'd forgotten I had them in the camera. I like this one above, but the one below....


is the one I like best. Is this what is meant by 'sky blue pink' I wonder? i love these colours and I've never thought of myself as a person who loves pastels.


Last night I finished the heart I made using the Embellisher. Have you noticed how popular hearts are these days. It is a very pleasing shape to use.
I don't know how many of you know that Wales has it's very own lover's day? It's tomorrow January 25th and it's called Dydd y Santes Dwynwen (St Dwynwen's Day). If you Google it you will find there are quite a few versions of the story.


Maybe some will be broken hearted when they don't get a card tomorrow. This is what I
made when playing with Photoshop Elements 8 for my on line course. I know I'm not doing the exercises I should be doing, but I'm having lots of fun getting to know the programme. I still think Paint Shop Pro X2 is good if not better than this one. That was the way I felt about Corel Draw at one time and I suppose what it boils down to is the one you understand best. that only comes with having fun and trying things out, then I think the exercises and instructions will make more sense.


Some of you might know that this is one of my favourite boats on the estuary and I call it the Trots Boat, this is really the mooring boat that sets and checks the boat moorings. Why the moorings in this area are called Trots I have no idea. I Googled it and could find nothing to explain it. As I was searching I came across this website and thought some of you might find it interesting Wee Birdy: Top Bird’s Conwy Top 10

7 comments:

maggi said...

Lovely photos again. I am sure that the Photoshop course will at least enable you to decide which software is best for you. Don't worry about the fact that you have not replied to comments, just keep the eye-candy coming.

Julie said...

No need for apologies Mags. Comments and replying do take up an awful lot of time and I have been thinking about this myself lately. Think of all the energy that is generated/used for every email sent. Maybe we should all be a bit more circumspect in replying to comments?

Thank you for your observations on PSP and PSE. I have been wondering whether either had an advantage over the other in testile design but as yousay it probably comes down to familiarity in use.

Heather said...

Wonderful photos Mags. It is always difficult adjusting to new ideas and techniques. I'm sure you are right to 'play' and familiarise yourself with the new programme. I have a mixed media book which was a big disappointment at first, but the more I learn, the more sense it makes.

Robert said...

Hi Digital Gran,

Incredible photos! Really amazing!

So good to see a grandma so in tune with the internet too.

I wrote a blog called Bob Versus Grans in which I talk about how cool grandmas are. Think you'd like it!:

http://bobversus.com/archives/477

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

Wow, I want to wake up and take pics of that castle! Gorgeous!

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Hope you had a good Lovers Day. It was interesting to hear about the day. Hearts are always popular ... a pleasing shape all year round

No need to apologise ... we all have periods where we struggle to keep up. I constantly battle it!

Carolyn ♥

paddysdaughter said...

Hi Margaret, I would be interested to know which online PS8 course you are doing. Have just bought it myself, and am exploring, but would like to know a bit more. Thanks, Sue