Sunday, January 31, 2010

Snow


I've been making a few extra samples to take to my Embellisher class, it's just procrastinating actually as I have enough already. I haven't made any thread sketches with the Embellisher for a while so I made this.


Now why am I showing you such a simple ATC? Well, this is made with all the bits left over and the lint from under the machine. Some people use it I know, but I'd never tried it before as I thought of it as just dust, and it worked! I grudge throwing anything away and that is why my room is in such a mess. Maybe one could use it scattered over a sheet of paper or card covered with glue? I haven't tried this yet either.



We had a few signs of Spring and then came a little more snow. I thought you might like these textures above. They are a lovely mix of colours.


Last eveneing's sky.


The snow is coming over from Anglesey.


Here is a very unusual view of the castle.

8 comments:

Mermaid's Purse said...

Love the colours of the trees & shrubs Margaret - just waiting to be embellished? - and hoping you have great fun with your embellishing class. I have a lot to catch up with on your blog!!

Nellie's Needles said...

Me, too ... loving those colors of the tree and shrub photos.

It's amazing what "fibers" can be used to make art. I haven't gone as far as using the dust from the vacuum cleaner, but I have retrieved bits and pieces from the bag.

Heather said...

Your embellished samples are delightful Mags - such a dear little face in the top one. The photos of the colourful twigs and branches are amazing - just asking to be stitched. I don't want any more snow but it does 'lend enchantment to the view'.

Sandy said...

I've always looked at the lint and thought it was pretty but threw it away-no more. The portrait is beautiful. The top photos look embellished.

ju-north said...

Love those texture images - thought they were stithced at first!

Sue said...

I love shar oing your world through your eyes - and I, too, thought that first tree image was stitched. It's am amazing texture.

Julie said...

Brrrr! Very wintry but I love those texture photos. The first would make a beautiful piece of felt!

Jackie said...

I thought the second and third pictures were embellisher work!