Thursday, February 11, 2010

Bits and bobs


Months ago I bought this beautiful scarf, but I rarely wear it as I don't have a bag that tones with it. So today I made myself a bag using the embellisher while it's still cold enough to wear my scarf.


You may wonder why I have a basket and red cloak on today's post? I made it yesterday for a school play, a modern Welsh version of Little Red Riding Hood. I hope it fits the little one who has to wear it.


Above is my first sign of spring. Someone is getting ready to go sailing! There's always a short break here during the winter.


Above is my favourite Trot Boat after it's makeover. I like the yellow bow.

10 comments:

DK said...

Looks like you're having a great time with your embellisher. That bag is beautiful! And I learned something new reading your post today. There were a few boats (like the one in the last picture) that would be seen in the Chesapeake Bay while I was living in Maryland and I really liked watching them do their thing. They looked so different from all the sailing boats that were going round. But no one could tell me what kind of boats they were. Now I know they're trot boats. Thanks!

Julie said...

Very pretty bag and scarf Mags. well done for getting on and making the bag :o)

Gina said...

Beautiful bag mags. It matchers the scarf perfectly.

Chris Gray said...

The bag is lovely.....and matches your scarf well! Gorgeous colours.

Heather said...

More beautiful reflections in those photos Mags. Red Riding Hood will look delightful and your gorgeous scarf now has an equally gorgeous bag to go with it. Have you taken them out for a spin yet?

maggi said...

So glad you made that beautiful bag as the scarf is far too lovely to hide away.

Ann said...

Love the bag. I only found out what an embellisher was after reading your page. Love the photos as well, especially the reflection of the yacht in the water.

Barbara said...

What a bag to covet - it's gorgeous!

Sandy said...

Nice purse. Spring will come.

Aussie Jo said...

Beautiful colours in your bag Mags. I love the reflection photo too, those colours would look fantastic with a wavy distortion.