Sunday, February 07, 2010

My Embellisher class


I had a lovely class of ladies yesterday and as you can see from the photos it was a very good venue with plenty of room for us all and lots of windows. There were 18 members there and we had 5 Embellishers, 4 borrowed and my own and we managed quite well taking turns. They all had their sewing machines as well, so when they had used the embellisher some of them added stitch to it while the others used the embellishers.


I'm afraid I forgot to take photos of the final work and I'm very annoyed with myself. But I did take this ATC. It was particularly striking.

I took photos of people while they were working so this will give you a slight idea of the work they created and how much they were enjoying it all.









11 comments:

Sandy said...

They do look like they are having a great time. Wish I could have been there.

Chris Gray said...

Looks like a great time was had by all!...and I've just dug out mine to begin a new phase of work too :-)

What a really marvellous machine an embellisher is.....

...and how would we ever do without it now?

x Chris

maggi said...

They do look like they were enjoying themselves. So many people said that the machines were just a fad but I still love using mine, it is so versatile.

Heather said...

Your embellisher class looks to have been a great success - love the ATC. I'm fascinated by embellishing and have used a Clover tool but it is very slow. I'd love to have a go with a machine and am tempted to see if there is a secondhand one next time I take my sewing machine to be serviced.

Ann said...

That looks really good, I think I might have to suggest that at our textile class as they are looking for ideas. I imagine that they will know what I mean but I haven't seen this before, fabulous patterns - I like the one that looks like orange flames on a black background.

Julie said...

Looks like a great time and a great venue. Some lovely work in progress too. I've probably said it before but I think I'll have to move to North Wales lol

JP said...

it looks really great - where can we find where you are holding your classes - I'd love to come

Helen Suzanne said...

they do look like they're having a great time... and very productive too.

Gina said...

What a nice big bright space for a class! Looks like such fun! Is the embellisher the same as a felting machine?

Stitchety Grub said...

It looks like everyone was thoroughly enjoying it :-)
I have toyed with the idea of getting an embellisher but not sure I will use it enough to recoup the cost - for the bit of felting I do time to time I hand (dry) felt - very therapeutic haha!
Britt in hot Perth Western Australia

Anonymous said...

ha, I will experiment my thought, your post bring me some good ideas, it's really amazing, thanks.

- Thomas