Saturday, March 20, 2010

This and that

Creative grandchildren.


This was a surprise gift from my GD who is now doing a teaching course at Liverpool Uni. I love it and I can also add it to my collection of circles.


GS John sent me this photo of his clay modeling this afternoon. He is just 9 years old and I think they are very good. I hope Ifan and Huw and Charlie will also be doing something I can show you soon.

During this visit to Tenerife I decided to have a change from looking for circles and decided to look instead at straight lines. Try this idea when you are out with your camera, choose one area of interest and see how many interesting photos you can take. Before now I have gone out with the intention of looking for a certain colour, or a combination of colours e.g. pink and green. Decide to concentrate on textures perhaps or tiles? Taking photos like this I seem to find more unusual subjects to photograph.

Some of my straight lines were very boring, but I did find some interesting ones too.


I love this one, the shadow has almost turned it into a spiral.


I find this one quite interesting too.


A little boring perhaps, but I'm sure it can be used for something more interesting.


Another rather boring one but I'm sure this can also be used for something interesting!


Here is one that borders on being included with the circles.


This photo didn't turn out too well as it doesn't show the water flowing over the steps. It's a fountain.

7 comments:

Julie said...

Fascinating photos Mags and I love the clay modelling. You almost expect them to move a la morph

Barbara said...

What super photos - so much food for thought!

Nellie's Needles said...

Ahh, genes of creativity are evident in your off spring. Fun!

Thanks for your thoughts about a goal for photography adventures and sharing your photos. More FUN!

Mermaid's Purse said...

Wonderful photos as always and what a great idea to have some idea of a theme before you set out! It's lovely to see your grandchildren being so creative too.

Heather said...

Wonderful photos Mags - I love those shadows. What talented grand-children you have - the clay modelled family is such fun.

ju-north said...

I find all your photos interesting! Great work from your GC as well!

... Paige said...

I love, love the one with the bent shadows on the stairs...I'm jealous and will look extra closely and hope to find one kind of like it :-)