Friday, April 02, 2010

Carnival Clothes from Los Christianos Tenerife

Here are some photos of some Carnival garments I took while in Tenerife. They were on display at the Los Christianos Cultural Centre. I always visit once or twice when I stay in Tenerife and sometimes there are wonderful exhibitions there at others rather mediocre ones. This year I visited twice and saw an exhibition by a local artist which I didn’t find particularly exciting, but there was a show of the garments used at the carnival a few days earlier.

Ten small 039

 

Ten small 036Ten small 024

Ten small 025 Ten small 026

2 comments:

maggi said...

Those headresses are amazingly beautiful, I hope you got to see them in the carnival too.

Heather said...

What gorgeous costumes Mags. Seeing them worn in the carnival must be an amazing experience.