Thursday, April 15, 2010

Design

New posts on SerenTex and Croesew.

Each time I go to Plas Tan y Bwlch I find new designs, but one keeps reappearing and has been used more than once in my work. I have also found the same design on one of the houses in Chester. If I have understood correctly, when designing a house in the 17th Century there was a book of designs that was used . At Plas Tan y Bwlch the owner’s daughter was the one who chose the designs for the interior and she made some wonderful choices.

3leaf motif PTB2  PTB EG 10 041

The above are from Plas, but the one on the left is not a very good quality. This is on a fireplace. The one on the right is on one of the conservatories outside, unfortunately I lost one of them when they altered the bar area.

ch1 012Can you see the same design in the left bottom corner of this building in Chester?

2 comments:

maggi said...

Very interesting design made even more so by seeing the slight variations.

Heather said...

Lovely designs Mags and those half timbered buildings in Chester are so beautiful.