Sunday, April 18, 2010

'Sundew carniverous plants of the Rainforest

I hadn’t noticed until my friend Sue of  The Magic Armchair Stitcher commented on it, but my ferns are very similar to the design from Plas Tan y Bwlch and Chester that I mentioned here.

Rainforest 006 PTB design1a PTB design1b

I’ve played a lot with the ferns 'Sundew Carniverous Plant' images from the rainforest and am still undecided what form the stitched work will take. I can see many possibilities using a variety of techniques and the only way of solving the problem is to try a few out. I have decided to take a few days to get down to this seriously and I’ve warned everyone that I will not be available!

rf design1c rf design1h fern1b

A few more digital designs to think about.

3 comments:

Ali Honey said...

I love that fern in the left photo, it's amazingly delicate.
I too am working on Patterns in Nature at the moment and will post about it soon.

maggi said...

I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Heather said...

She's quite right Mags - the two designs are very similar. Sometimes too many ideas are worse than not enough! Decisions, decisions - I'm sure you'll come up with something beautiful.