Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Rainforest and so on!

My apologies, this post should have gone to the SerenTex blog. this is what comes of witing too many blogs I'm afraid. There is also a new post on Croesew, the North Wales Embroiderers' Guild blog.

As it happens I have just noticed that this is the 1000th post on Digital Gran.

We had a wonderful afternoon at SerenTex and I will share a few snippets with you from our Rainforest exhibition which will be opening at the Ruthin Library, North Wales on May 15th and will be open until 19th June.
rainforest1  rainforest2rainforest3
rainforest4
The images above show some tiny details of the wonderful work that is being prpeared for the exhibition.
rainforest5 rainforest6 rainforest7
The above work will not be shown at the exhibition, but are also to be used shortly, so only some details are shown today.
rainforest 037
Here is a group of us doing Gaynor’s workshop this afternoon.
rainforest 010
Rosemary working on one of her lovely quilts.
rainforest 011
I don’t know where Rosemary finds the time to do all this fantastic work, but I’m always so impressed with the quality and the quantity of work she makes. Today she surprised us all by bringing in one of her journal pages converted to textile and shown above. Isn’ t it wonderful?
rainforest 017 rainforest 019
rainforest 021

2 comments:

Heather said...

The Rainforest exhibition is going to be stunning. I love Dreams of Summer - what a talented lady - I couldn't do the journal page let alone enterpret it so perfectly. Congrats on your 1000th post and I applaud your skills at having more than one blog. I can just about manage the one.

pinkpint paintings said...

Hi, I live near Ruthin so I shall look forward to seeing the exhibition