Saturday, May 29, 2010

Oriel Mostyn Gallery

This morning I went back to the Mostyn Gallery which I’d visited yesterday as well. It has just been reopened after a complete makeover and I was so impressed. If you visit the website you can read all about it.

Oriel Mostyn 002

Here is a photo I took in the rain this morning and I had permission to take photos inside for my own use. I wish I could share some of these with you. The work shown is inspirational.

Oriel Mostyn 012

Oriel Mostyn 028

This was my favourite work and I think the sculptor was David Nash, there was no label on it. I’ve seen his work before at the National Eisteddfod of Wales. Find some of his work here at the Sculpture Exhibitions.

Have a look at the exhibitions here.

Oriel Mostyn 022

This is work done at the gallery by children from local schools.

Oriel Mostyn 025

6 comments:

JP said...

looking forward to visiting it after seeing on the Culture Show this week

Heather said...

What a wonderful gallery Mags and those sculptures are fascinating - something for everyone. The childrens' work is such fun.

Martin Barlow said...

Thanks for your very positive comments. I am delighted you like the 'new' Mostyn and hope you will keep visiting. Today we have put an album of nearly 50 photos of the main exhibition up on our Facebook page for anyone who can't get to see it. Martin Barlow, Director

Gill said...

I watched The Culture Show too and made a note that we need to visit the Mostyn Gallery. Lucky you, Mags, to be able to visit already.

I love the building itself. the artwork inside is a bonus!

Bobby said...

I *WANT* that goat!!!

Anonymous said...

Very Interesting!
Thank You!