Saturday, May 08, 2010

Rainforest exhibition work

At last I’ve finished the SerenTex rainforest exhibition work and I’m now free to play with something else for a while. Since I started to work on this inspiration I have wanted to work on my Journal, but I had to prioritise and finish my exhibits first, so I should imagine I will be working on my Rainforest Journal soon. But first things first! I’ve been ignoring all the housework and the whole place is in a mess because I have taken things out and not put them away as I should. So now things must be sorted.

framed rainforest shadow Sundew 1

I’m very pleased with my digital art now it’s been framed, but of course the photo has reflections on the glass and it’s not showing up well.

rainforest 006 Sundew 2

Sundew 2 is on stretched canvas painted a deep purple. It turned out slightly darker than intended, but it does bring out the work.

 

rainforest 014Sundew3

 

I’ve enjoyed working on them, but am very relieved to have finished a few days early.

10 comments:

... Paige said...

they are wonderful!

when I have stuff framed I really like using the Anti-glare glass, granted it doesn't give a "gloss" like appearance, but it photographs pretty well.

it is a bit more costly and in all things there is always a give and take

Heather said...

I never want to put glass over textiles, but customers seem to want it and the customer is always right! You must be so pleased with these Sundew pieces Mags - they are stunning.

Jackie said...

I know what you mean about glass..its always a difficult one but I must tell you we once had an exhibition in a theatre and I went to the play and at the interval people were walking along looking at the work and I heard two ladies say'You see these are alright because they have glass on them'.
Ah well! Your results are fantastic.

Annette J said...

I love your rainforest pieces Mags, all of them. Know what you mean though about wanting to get on with something else.

Aussie Jo said...

Lovely series Mags. I love them all but I especially love Sundew 1. Is it a one off??

MargaretR said...

Thanks for the lovely comments.

JO. That's exactly what the framer asked me. He thought he would be able to sell them if I made a series or set of them. I can make as many as I like of these, but I will probably only make this one once.

Sandy said...

They are all great. Working in a series is good. I'm glad you like my lace book.

Chris Gray said...

You must be really pleased with these. They are stunning!

..love all the purple/yellow combinations....

...complimentary colour work is always so rewarding isn't it..

Thimble Fingers said...

Just stunning, very original.

Anonymous said...

HELP! I’m currently being held prisoner by the Russian mafia xyzrxyz [url=http://www.buypenisenlargement.com]penis enlargement[/url] xyzrxyz and being forced to post spam comments on blogs and forum! If you don’t approve this they will kill me. xyzrxyz [url=http://www.male-sexual-styles.com]penis enlargement[/url] xyzrxyz They’re coming back now. xyzrxyz [url=http://pills.buypenisenlargement.com]vimax[/url] xyzrxyz Please send help! nitip [url=http://www.male-sexual.com/vimax-pills.html]vimax[/url]