Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Small Rainforest Quilt

rainforest 014
Well here is the final version of my little quilt. It’s almost 13” by 16" and so tiny to have made such a fuss about it (smile) It has been such fun to make and a steep learning curve as it was my first art quilt, the ones I have made before have been as gifts for my grandchildren when they were babies. But I think I’m now hooked on this type of work and I’m already thinking about my next one.
Watch this space for my next piece of work for the Rainforest project. It uses the embellisher and machine embroidery.
misc 063
Would you believe we had fresh snow on the mountains in May?
misc 036
Snow on the mountain!
misc 071
Can you see these pale pink ‘things’ on the beach? When I first saw them I was convinced they were some birds that were resting after a long flight which does happen from time to time. I looked and looked as I passed the window expecting one of them to move or fly away, but nothing happened. They were still there the following day, so they couldn’t be birds, but they were definitely something new on the beach.
We have Mussel Beds around that part of the beach and someone is there picking them every day and I think I’ve solved the problem of the ‘things’ because I saw one of the men lifting up the edge of one of them looking for Mussel Shells, so these must be markers. Problem solved.
misc 072
We’ve also had people staying on a boat for the last few days and even though it’s been so cold they must have had a wonderful time. The two young children in the dinghy  have been enjoying paddling around when the tide is low, the two dogs have been running around on the sandbank and I’m sure the adults must have been enjoying it all too.

14 comments:

ju-north said...

Super quilt! Just my colours too!

elle said...

How nice to see your corner of the world! Lovely little quilt and aren't thet kinda addictive though!

Terri Stegmiller said...

It turned out great!!!

Heather said...

Your finished quilt is lovely Mags. Great photos as usual but I don't like the look of all that snow. It's been pretty nippy here inspite of sunny days and definitely not warm enough to sit outside.

Sandy said...

It turned out so well. I see a new career. Your weather sounds as bazaar as ours. Thanks for commenting on my blog.

Vicki W said...

You live in a beautiful place! Your Rainforest quilt turned out great and it was fun to watch the process.

Ali Honey said...

I love it! The first of many. Don't care for the snow on the mountain brrrr....

rtfgvb759 said...

IS VERY GOOD..............................

Pat said...

You must be so pleased with your quilt. Such a lovely colour combination.

maggi said...

I love it Mags - well worth all the agonising.
I know the temperature has dropped lately but snow!

Angelcat said...

Your rainforest quilt turned out beautifully.

Angelcat said...

Your rainforest quilt turned out beautifully.

Ann said...

Wonderful quilt, I am quite envious. Great photos as well, glad the mystery was solved re the markers.

kay susan said...

I like it, very much! Catching mussels by using markers seems a bit unfair!