Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Journey home

Christine drove me home from West Wales and as we were going through Llanrwst I decided we should stop for a meal at Tu Hwnt i'r Bont(Beyond the Bridge).

Llandysul 006

It’s a lovely old cottage . Can you see the windows? The food is very good too. There is a gallery upstairs and I took some photos of the small windows.

Llandysul 014

Llandysul 004

This is the bridge, it’s very old and narrow.

Then we took a walk to stretch our legs and visited St Grwst church, which gives the town its name.

Llandysul 031

I found this small tombstone very touching.

Llandysul 024

Llandysul 052

I just couldn’t get over the beautiful texture of the old slate flooring.

Llandysul 026

This will come in useful for my Lines and Grids sketchbook.

Llandysul 028

I must find out why there’s a skull and crossbones in the church.

Llandysul 057

This is on the ceiling.

Llandysul 034

This just happened and it seems to add to the image.

Llandysul 020

I feel sure this householder will not object to the photo of their cat sleeping in the window among all the cat ornaments. There was a sign in another window saying ‘A spoilt cat lives here’.

I hope you enjoyed our visit to Llanrwst?

7 comments:

Heather said...

Llanrwst is a fascinating place Mags, and thankyou for sharing all those beautiful photos with us. So many lovely images and textures - very inspiring. I love the old stone bridge and that sad little child's tomb. The cat in the window doesn't know he's famous now!

ju-north said...

Loved the little tour! It's always fascinating to see places you've never been to. By the way, thank you for your comment on my blog - I look forward to see what you do with borders!

ju-north said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thimble Fingers said...

What an amazing building ... you have to look closely to see there's something under the greenery. Looks like a lovely place and thanks for sharing.
The tombstone was very quaint but such a shame about the graffiti scratched into it.

maggi said...

Beautiful photos, so much of interest to see.

Thimble Fingers said...

Thanks for your comments on my cloche hat Margaret. Here's a link for where I purchased my hat form. They are reasonably priced and she's extremely helpful.

You can find the forms at:
www.hookedonfelt.com

If you make a hat, I'd love to see it. Sorry I had to post in here, but I couldn't find a way to contact you directly.

JP said...

love dthe photos especially the slat efloor - so my colours!