Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Computer Textile Design Group’s workshop

P1010565

I just love the way like minded people get on so well together even when meeting for the first time.  Every CTDG Summer school at Christleton, Chester begins with a wonderful buffet at the Chairman, Judith’s house. We all get to know each other and soon we chat like old friends, especially those who come every year.

P1010569 P1010567

We are each given an envelope with our names on when we arrive and this has a raffle ticket and badge with our names on. One of the highlights of the evening is the raffle draw and the prizes are textile books especially those using computer designs.

P1010579 P1010582

P1010583 P1010585

Here are some of the lucky ones. We all have a look at these books and down on the ‘must haves’ they go.

This is only the first night and I hope to share more of the course with you.

5 comments:

ju-north said...

Hi Mags - looks great! Wish I could have been there. Could you let me know which books you think are worth getting? (Dreamt about you last night - how strange is that?!)

Heather said...

It sounds like a lovely occasion Mags. I am tempted by the amazing designs that come from computer art but mustn't start on anything new - I already have far too much to do!

maggi said...

Wish I could have been there. Looking at the photos seems proof that computers are definitely not just the domain of the young.

Gina said...

I recognise some faces there!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mags - good Pics, good summerschool too
Lorna