Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Cycle and footpath

P1090040

Some textile to start with. This is a little bit of fun I had using my embellisher.

The cycle/footpath here is in constant use and it is so good to find people are beginning to realize the importance of exercise after the overuse of cars and I can always recognize Weight Watchers because they walk at a brisk pace swinging their arms.

P1090028

P1090031

But this was the first time I’ve seen one of these along the cycle path! I wonder if these are becoming fashionable or did he belong to a circus perhaps?

P1090038

We had a lovely sunset again this evening. can you see the ship’s lights on the horizon?

P1090034

My husband is getting used to the strange things I photograph, but I think even he was quite surprised when I got up after finishing my meal and took a photo of the almost clean plate :) I’d had beetroot with my salad and one corner of the plate had this lovely pattern.

4 comments:

DK said...

Mmm, delicious, nutritious and beautiful beet roots. I love canning them because everything turns such a pretty pink in the process.

I'm not sure about the other side of the Atlantic, but here in the states, unicycles are becoming rather popular and fashionable. I understand that they can often be taken on public transit where bicycles would not be allowed because of their size.

ju-north said...

Several unicyclists are doing the coast-to-coast route (Whitehaven to Tynemouth)at the moment. It's a difficult route but they have managed so far! Love the beetroot! I would have done the same!

Heather said...

We used to see a young man on a unicycle round here, and I saw one a couple of weeks back when we were out one day - maybe it's going to be the next craze. Love your beetroot stained plate - it looks slightly floral to me. Beautiful sunset and the embellishing looks great too.

Julie said...

I'm sure you can make great use of that beetroot in your digital art Mags :) It is a lovely mark.