Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Machine felting

P1010844

I’m determined to make a beret using my embellisher and so far, so good.  I don’t think I will ever wear it because we were made to wear navy berets at school and one of the teachers always stood by the door as we came in to check if we were all wearing it. I think all these young women look good in them, but my memories of beret wearing women are very different. It was always worn by older women who wanted to hide their hair when cleaning the doorstep or working outside in their clogs. So you can imagine how I would feel if I wear my new beret, that is, if the next step is as successful as the first and it will all turn out as it should. All this came about after reading Jo’s blog Carlseapatch and seeing the berets they were wearing. these are wet felted at a class and are lovely.

P1090010

This was last night’s sunset but the weather today has not been a delight. It’s been rough and rainy most of the day.

3 comments:

Gina said...

I should think you would look very chic in a beret! Yours looks as though it will be lovely!

Heather said...

I'm sure your beret will not look as if you should be scrubbing doorsteps in it Mags. It's looking very stylish already. When it's finished, be a devil and wear it! Your sunset photo is beautiful - I think we've all had very changeable weather lately. Hopefully we'll get an Indian summer or am I being greedy?

carlseapatch said...

Think French, they do look very stylish.
Your beret looks gorgeous.