Saturday, August 28, 2010

My Beret with the Embellisher

  I’ve been a little quiet because I’ve been busy finishing my beret.

 

Here I am wearing it.

P1090047

P1090052 P1090051

Here it is showing how it looks inside on the right.

I must admit that it has turned out well and I’m very happy. It started out as a doll sized cap, just to see if it could be done and I just kept adding to it until I had a full sized beret that fits me perfectly. I think I will probably wear it in the depth of Winter, but I still feel a beret like this is not very flattering for someone over 60. Young women look good in them, but not people my age. My mother had a Kangol hat in this style and she wore it a lot, I wonder who remembers those? I know she would have been very pleased with it.

I think I will have another go and make one in another colour. DH doesn’t like this colour!

Addition to post. How strange, I just came across this now a Kangol news flash. This bit of news came out August 23rd 2010. So Kangol is still alive and moving with the times.

12 comments:

Gerrie said...

I love it and I think you look wonderful wearing it!!

Sandy said...

Great beret. You look nice in it.

Lynne said...

You're wrong - you look smashing in it! I know what you mean about school berets (mine was purple) but this one is really stylish. Go for it!

Terri Stegmiller said...

How cute is that!!!! Love it. It looks really good on you too.

Julie said...

Very chic Mags, you look great! :)

Gina said...

You look fabulous!

Linda said...

Love the beret - but it's hard when we associate items of clothing with certain people or era's. For me beret's go back to school uniform and trying to get away with pinning a flat beret to the back of my head.
Didn't want to spoil that wonderful back-combing!!!!

Aussie Jo said...

Sensational beret, and they do keep you very warm, I wore mine last week.

Fran├žoise said...

Wonderful beret! And you look great with it!

Shropshire Suz said...

Wonderful...love it and it really suits you

Sue said...

I think you look extremely chic in your beautiful beret and it would be c riminal if you did not wear it!

Jackie said...

Of course you should wear it. You look great in it.