Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Smile

P1010713

Smile! This is what they call the latest exhibition at the Ruthin Craft Centre in North Wales and it certainly does make you smile, even before you enter the building.

P1010681

This chair is in the window and it’s fantastic. The artist is Lucy Casson and I just couldn’t stop looking at her work, finding something new each time I looked. You will see images of all the little creatures on the chair at this website http://www.r-h-g.co.uk/artists/view/upholsterers_4/31,92,1850.html 

P1010773

A little taster of some of my photos and below is a special one for all stitchers.

P1010768

My favourite artist at the exhibition I must admit.

I enjoyed all the work and  I will try and show the work of some of the other artists soon. If you are anywhere in the vicinity I would certainly advice a visit especially if you have children. There is an exhibition by local school children which I found fascinating too.

P1010812

I’m sure you will recognize this drawn by one of the chidren.

P1010811

I just love this one of the little creatures by Lucy Casson. Just wonderful.

P1010808

How about this one? Did it bring a smile to your face?

7 comments:

Thimble Fingers said...

It really did make me smile!

Fran├žoise said...

Yes, it made me smile too. Thanks for sharing.

Julie said...

What a cheerful exhibition Mags :))

Shropshire Suz said...

Might just have to pop over and take a peek at this
Thanks for sharing the info
Loving the digi art work...very inspiring

Sue Bleiweiss said...

Thanks for posting the link to Lucy's work Mags. Her work is really wonderful.

Annabelle said...

Did make me smile ... loved it. Your site is so well set out and gave me inspiration. I am a new crafter and new blogger (annabelleserendipity.blogspot.com) looking for inspiration and found some here. Thanks.

Heather said...

What a super exhibition Mags - I just love that chair and am off to try out your link to see more.