Thursday, September 30, 2010

An Interesting Morning

I started my last post by saying Llandudno is becoming the ideal place for artistic and creative people, especially textile arts. I could even say it’s becoming a textile artist’s paradise. We all know that we have Abakhan in North Wales. We also have many important galleries, there are three very well known galleries within easy reach, just over the bridge here and past the castle I have The Royal Cambrian Academy. I talked about the Mostyn Oriel, Llandudno in my last post and I mentioned The Ruthin Craft Centre in my recent post on the North Wales Embroiderers’ Guild website blog, Croesew.

There’s a very good and reliable Knitting and Stitching Centre in Upper Mostyn Street and they are very supportive of the Embroiderers’ Guild. We have Betty’s Fabrics a very good fabric shop on Mostyn Broadway. We also have a very well known craft shop called Craft Land-dudno.

 

Oriel Mostyn 087

But the great news is that we have another wonderful shop opening a few doors from the Mostyn Oriel, LLandudno and just a few steps from the train station. It’s called ‘Stitch It’ and it’s an Aladdin’s cave, full of colour and everything you will ever need to create any kind of textile art, I don’t think I will ever have to depend on the Internet and the Shows to buy my stuff again, I can get it all here in Llandudno. I called there today and the owner Carol Worthington let me in even though she was busy preparing for the Saturday opening.

Oriel Mostyn 088 This cabinet here is full of a rainbow of beautifully soft Merino wool tops. I know she will be stocking Steff Francis and Oliver Twists threads, hanks of Sari Waste in the most glorious colours as well as dyes, Lutradur, Tyvek,  Moon shadow mists, some fabrics ready for dyeing, and lots of other goodies. I hope to be first in the queue on Saturday morning when it opens 10am. It will stay open to 4.30. I’m going to miss the opening as I can’t be in three places at the same time can I? I booked a workshop for Saturday and Sunday months ago completely forgetting it’s the Guild’s AGM and now I’m missing the opening, but I think the workshop will be well worth it. I can visit the shop on Tuesday morning instead and I apologized to the Guild.

Opening Times

10.00 - 4.30 Tuesday to Saturday

 

Good luck with your new venture Carol.

5 comments:

Carol said...

ooh I am so excited about this new shop, thanks for letting us know when it opens :)what time ???

Fran├žoise said...

Oh, I'm so looking forward to visiting North Wales again next year!

MargaretR said...

I have added the times to the shop late last night when carol sent them to me. It is exciting!

It will be lovely to meet again Francois.

jan said...

Looks a great shop, wish I lived nearer I'm feeling a bit jealous!!!

JP said...

what great news about the shop - I can feeel a trip coming on!!!