Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Some textiles

Tonight I have some textiles for a change.

P1090346

I think this looks better now than it did in this post but the colouring is not quite right taken with artificial light this evening. I’ll try and take a better photo tomorrow during the day. (it’s now changed and a closer match to the original)

What was missing? I think that touch of turquoise has livened it up. It was embellished and machine stitched.

P1090347

Here is a detail of one of the pebbles in my wall. These have all been padded from the back.

P1090341

Here is another unfinished piece of work again using the embellisher but there’s no stitching on this one. It needs a little thought before I continue with it.

5 comments:

Jackie said...

I think pink is a night mare to photograph. Looks good though.

Heather said...

You are right about the touch of turquoise Mags - your embellished pieces are lovely. I never seem to get a good reproduction of colours when I photograph things.

Mermaid's Purse said...

Love the pink/turquoise combination!

Julie said...

Interesting work Mags and gorgeous colours.

Sarah said...

They look beautiful - I have just got an embellisher myself and look forward to having a play!