Saturday, September 11, 2010

Workshop

Today I was teaching an Embellisher Workshop at our local Embroiderer’s Guild with a fantastic crowd of ladies, most of them friends and a few newcomers and I hope they all enjoyed it as much as I did.  They all seemed very happy! Unfortunately I was enjoying myself too much to remember to take any photos.

I had finished most of the packing for the course last week and spent this week having fun preparing working on extra samples and new ideas and I certainly hope that I will be able to continue next week even though the workshop is done.

P1090017

We had very heavy showers all day.

P1090021

And I return to think about my Sketchbook which I hope to work on next week. I like these diagonal lines showing the railway line through the wet window.

P1090038

3 comments:

Heather said...

Even dismal weather can produce some stunning photos. Lucky ladies to have an embellisher course with you Mags - I could do with one myself.

Dorothy Gibbs said...

Hi M,
I love that rainy window pic... it would make a good background for soemthing!
D

verobirdie said...

I thought the first photo was a water color, well, water it is :-)
Anyway, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. The sculpture you mention is not textile, rather ceramic, but it could make some glorious textile project.