Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Chilean Miners

I’m sitting here watching the rescue of those brave miners and the wonderful team who have worked so hard saving them. I cannot imagine anything worse than being imprisoned down there without really knowing if the rescue attempts would succeed and I am finding it very emotional and if I feel like this I wonder how everyone out there feels? I think I will be watching for the next 21 hours if I can.

heron 010

At our SerenTex meeting yesterday we were given a workshop by Gwyneth, who is also a cousin as some regular visitors to the blog will have realised. We lived next door to each other as children, so you can imagine how close we are. We were instructed to Doodle and I just love doodling and once I start I never know where to stop. Can you see the mistake I made when converting the first part to stitch? I only noticed it  a few minutes ago myself, but it doesn’t matter one little bit as I shall probably carry on doodling with my needle and let it develop as it will.

10 comments:

Heather said...

It is wonderful that the Chilean miners are being rescued at last, but I do hope the world press will allow them to settle down with their families once more and give them some privacy.
Love your doodles.

Ali Honey said...

We felt the same!

Julie said...

Equally for me too Mags. I could not imagine anything worse than being confined in a space that you can't get out of. It is miraculous and wonderful that these men are getting out.

Sarah said...

I agree completely with you comments about the miners - it was wonderful to have such good news and it brought a little tear to my eye.

Sandy said...

I, too, have been watching the Chilean miners. It's a miracle and an engineering marvel! I like your doodle.

mary said...

We shall facilitate to have the finalized call centers demonstrate their abilities and experience to you. If after this demonstration and round discussions, you suggest whether you wish to proceed with a call center as a provider of choice, you are welcome to enter into a service level agreement with them after you are satisfied.
================
seo services

coral-seas said...

I wasn't able to see all of the minors rescued but I saw the first few out on the morning news and then stayed awake (just) to see the last two returned to the surface. I found in all extremely moving. Particularly one minors comment "God and the devil had a fight down there ... God won". I'm not very religous but Amen to that.

Jackie said...

It really was amazing and uplifting..literally...to see the teamwork and emotion .

Hanski said...

Tears in my eyes while watching

Helen Suzanne said...

Hi Mags
Hope all is well. I'm dropping by after a long absence blogging to add a little note... I'm changing my blog and webpage to http://thestudio-helensuzanne.blogspot.com/ and thought you'd like to update/add any old link you might have for heb-art journal.

hugs
Helen S