Sunday, October 24, 2010

Isobel Hall

Isobell 012

I have just spent a most enjoyable weekend workshop learning all sorts of techniques with Isobel Hall who is a very talented lady. I already had her book ‘BAGS with Paper and Stitch’ which has an unbelievable variety of techniques and I knew I just had to send my name in very quickly to have a place on this clever lady’s course. The course was based on the use of Light Molding Paste, but it was much more than that and covered many techniques and clever little tips that will always come in useful. I thought the photo above is such a lovely one of her I just had to post it.

Isobell 016

Here are some samples of the work I did on the course. There will be more to see on Croesew, the North Wales embroiderers’ Guild blog later on.

 

Isobell 004               Isobell 002

A big bonus was sitting between two good and very creative friends, Miriam Forder and Carol McFee.

 

Isobell 076

I came away having bought her other two books as well, the latest co-authored with Maggie (Grey) and called ‘Mixed Media: New studio Techniques’ and Isobel’s previous book ‘Embroidered Books’. All three are well worth having in your library. Isobel will be at

25 Nov - 28 Nov - 2010
The Knitting and Stitching Show 2010 (Harrogate International Centre)
To find her you will have to go downstairs to Hall E, Stand 10.

13 comments:

Doreen G said...

Very interesting Mags because Isobel is coming out to Australia in Feb next year and doing a 2 day workshop at our Embroiderers Guild of which I have booked into.

jan said...

Looks a great workshop, I like your samples!

ju-north said...

Looks like you had a very productive time - I always think workshops are easier than following instructions in books however clear they are.

Heather said...

I have all three books Mags and find them so helpful and inspiring. It must have been a super workshop/class and you certainly made good use of it with all those lovely samples.

MargaretR said...

You should enjoy that Doreen, she is so full of ideas. Thanks Jan, Ju and Heather. I am pleased with my samples, so I must use them soon and put them in the UFO pile :)

Sandy said...

That must have been a wonderful workshop.

Clare Wassermann said...

That's great - I was on her book making workshop last weekend. She is fun isn't she!

Julie said...

That looks a very interesting technique. I;m going to Harrogate so I'll look out for Isobel's stand.

Dotti said...

I have that book too and I love it...but many of the supplies are difficult to find where I live across the pond! I'ts amazing I haven't stained the pages of the book by drooling over all her work.

Jackie said...

I too will be at that show. I haven't decided which day to go yet though.

maggi said...

Great samples. I have all three books as well and am going on a 2 day workshop with her tomorrow so this post has really got me excited.

mischief said...

Oh this workshop looks like such fun!

mischief said...

Oh this workshop looks like such fun!