Monday, October 11, 2010

The Knitting and Stitching Show

Ally Pally 009

This is the welcome we all had as we walked towards the steps to Alexandra Palace. I think it a great idea.

Ally Pally 012

My husband and I were invited to stay with Pat and David and we had a wonderful welcome.

Pat is on the right above, I’m on the left and that is Gina (Ferrari) in the centre.

 

Ally Pally 016

Pat and I had booked a workshop with Dale (Rollerson). We learnt how to use Starlight sprays, mica powders and grunge board making tags and brooches.

Ally Pally 022

I also met up with two good Internet friends that I correspond with regularly and meet occasionally. We have great fun on these occasions.

Ally Pally 032

This is a lovely photo of a mother and daughter team Sue and Sarah of Golden Hinde Threads of Inspiration and Imagination. This is their stand at the show and their Goldwork groups had an excellent exhibition of their work as well.

Ally Pally 070

These two lovely ladies were demonstrating goldwork on the stand and both are also members of the North Wales Embroiderers’ Guild.

Ally Pally 053 

Here is another friend Sheelagh Stephens who had some lovely work in the Bolt exhibiting group, mentor and tutor – Jean Littlejohn.

Ally Pally 051

Here is a case of Sheelaghs lovely work.

9 comments:

Deb H said...

It looks like a lovely time! Maybe someday I'll come too! A girl an dream!

Penny said...

Brings back memories of last year, so glad to see a photo of Dale,and of Gina. Maybe, just maybe I will get there again.

jan said...

Looks like you had a great day, can't wait until it comes to Harrogate next month!

Gina said...

It was so good to meet you again Margaret. Wasn't it a super show.

ju-north said...

You had a great day - hope to see all these at Harrogate!

Heather said...

You must have had a lovely day - I am green with envy, especially as you met some of my favourite bloggers. I don't think I have the stamina to get there, see all I want to see and get home again. Now if they staged it in Bristol I might make it!

JP said...

Lovely to see all your pictures of Ally Pally but you haven't shown us what you bought or were you too busy playing with Dale and chatting with friends?!

Julie said...

What a great day out and how lovely to meet up with Gina and Maggie. I really must get there next year! I've just had a catch up on your last few posts and thoroughly enjoyed myself!

sinkingonbrink said...

Looks like a great show, am loving the bus stop, wouldn't it be nice if all bus stops were like that! (: