Sunday, November 07, 2010

I Can Sing a Rainbow

I’ve been re-charging my batteries this past week, staying in rather than gadding about, going to bed early, around 10pm rather than past midnight and at the same time doing some very gentle de-cluttering. I can highly recommend it to anyone who’s feeling a bit sluggish.

I’ve had time to take photos of the estuary and I thought perhaps some of you might like to see some of them.

estuary 004        estuary 007

These were both taken the same day.

                                                 estuary 016

                                                  Here is one of my herons.

                                                  estuary 020An Autumn evening on the estuary.

             estuary 030 

estuary 036     estuary 037

           estuary 057

This photo was taken half an hour later. We often have rainbows in the early morning and almost in exactly the same spot and I often takes photos, but those rainbows were the best and clearest yet and if you look carefully there was even a third one in between the two brightest.

8 comments:

ju-north said...

You have some great pics here. In the second photo I thought the boat looked a bit like the fern frond in Jackie's blog!

Heather said...

Your photos are wonderful Mags - I particularly like the rainbow reflection. I usually get my urge to declutter in spring. As it turns colder my urge is towards hibernation!

... Paige said...

love the rainbows' reflections-glorious!

haha, are those pumpkins hanging on the side of the boat? {joke}

Minerva said...

Fabulous pictures - you don't know how much they brighten the day here in extremely landlocked and flat Bedfordshire!

DK said...

Glorious photos to look at this morning here in landlocked Kentucky, USA. I really do miss waking up to the Chesapeake Bay every morning when we lived in Maryland.

Julie said...

Stunning rainbow photographs Mags! Glad to hear you've been taking things a bit easy.

Lynne said...

Yes, I always like seeing the photos!

BiG SiS said...

wow! you're very talented - I love your pix, especially the ones with rainbow reflections!!! :-)