Tuesday, November 23, 2010

New Work

The SerenTex textile group decided to take part in a Christmas Textile Market run by Trefriw Woollen Mills this year (see details below). There’s a new post with more work on the SerenTex blog too.

TEXTILE MARKET

Saturday 4th & Sunday 5th December, 2010 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Hand made Christmas gifts, plus materials and equipment for textile makers.

Demonstrations on Sunday morning.

Exhibitors include:- Anne Campbell, Wendolyn Docksey, Helen Melvin, Ann Hughes, Serentex, Crafty Ladies, Mandy Coates, Christine Birch, Maggie Oliver.

Trefriw Woollen Mills, Main Road, Trefriw, Conwy Valley, LL27 0NQ.

Tel: 01492 640462 www.t-w-m.co.uk

in the centre of Trefriw on the B5106 between Conwy and Betws-y-Coed

I’d been finding it difficult to get started on the work that needed doing for some reason. There’s a lovely Welsh saying ‘Deuparth gwaith ei ddechrau’ - this just rolls off the tongue and it must be one of my favourite sayings and it is so true. Roughly translated it says ‘Starting means half the work is done’. It was very true this time because once I started I just couldn’t stop and I made 5 bags, 9 heart decorations a picture that I had framed, plus a few brooches.

SerenTex 008

SerenTex 009

Here are some of my bags with some scarves that looked really good with them and they were made by Rosemary. I was pleased to have an order for two more bags before Christmas and I hope to get on with them while I’m still in the mood. As you can see all these were made using the embellisher. Which reminds me that I have been booked to give a class at Carol’s new shop ‘Stitch It’ in Llandudno. Her new website is still in progress but will be ready soon.

8 comments:

Sandy said...

YOu've been busy. I don't know where time goes.

ju-north said...

It all looks lovely! You're right about getting started ....

Heather said...

What beautiful goodies and in such gorgeous colours. The customers will be delighted.

Christine said...

Gosh, I wish I could come! Just lovely.

Julie said...

Well done for getting stuck in Mags :) I hope everything sells like hot cakes!

Helen Suzanne said...

such a true phrase Mags :) I'll borrow that one :)
What lovely things you've been making. I do like the felt hearts

Aussie Jo said...

Gorgeous Mags
Wish I could go

maggi said...

Stunning photos on this and your last few posts. I am just trying to catch up. Your hearts and bags are just lovely as are the embellisher flowers. Thanks for that quotation, I need to take note!