Saturday, March 12, 2011

Birthday Gifts

There’s a new post on SerenTex and you can see what fun we had painting a large piece of fabric on Tuesday. I don’t make a fuss when it’s my birthday these days, but I’d like to show you two special cards I had from 2 of my SerenTex friends. I have mentioned this before, Sue and I share a birthday and this is the card she made for me. Isn’t it lovely?


card1 card2


And on the right is the very unusual card Joan made for me, this is very effective with the writing showing through.


Both my Bernina gifts have arrived the Cutwork Tool and my V6 SW upgrade. I had a few problems setting them up on the laptop running Windows 7, which is 64bits. I think the problem is the security which kicked in and refusing to let me use the programme. however all’s well that ends well and I have started the very steep learning curve of using these programmes. i find the Cutwork Tool very different from the previous Bernina V4 I’d used up to now. I hope to show you some results soon.

8 comments:

Gina said...

Happy Birthday Mags!

Sandy said...

I hope you had a Happy Birthday. Those are nice cards-it's so special to get ones from friends.

ju-north said...

Happy (late?) birthday! I couldn't even imagine tackling new technology!

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Mags :-)

Heather said...

Love those cards - they are both very innovative - Happy Birthday. I look forward to seeing the results of your new programmes - it is all well out of my comfort zone and capability!

Thimble Fingers said...

Happy Birthday, hope you have a great day.
The cards are both wonderful, and how lovely that they were specially made for you - worth much more than any gift bought from a shop, because of the time, thought and effort gone into it.
You have wonderful friends.

Chris Gray said...

Happy Birthday!

...lovely gifts...

..and good luck with the new toys :-)

maggi said...

A belated happy birthday. The cards are lovely. Hope you are mastering your new tools.