Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Photos

‘Love your photos. I did ask you once before about your camera. What brand etc but you didn't bother to answer. I love Rhos on Sea. My friend Robin Jones did own the golf club there. you live in one of the most prettiest spots in the world. [that I have see.]’


This comment from Anonymous was recently posted on my Diagonals post. I hope you will see this reply to your question and realise it is not a matter of not bothering, but when you are Anonymous there is no email address to reply to, so I will gladly answer your questions here. I have two cameras that I use regularly, but I can’t always remember which one I used for a particular photo. Both are Lumix Panasonic, the larger camera is the FZ45, which I find very useful to take close-ups of the views from my windows. The smaller is the one I usually take out with me and is a Panasonic DMC-TZ7 and I love them both.


Here are some photos taken at Plas Tan y Bwlch over the weekend using the DMC-TZ7 and I hope they will give you some pleasure.


stevie walker 018


When we are working on our projects at Plas Tan y Bwlch, we regularly hear the hooting of the narrow gauge train passing close by and this is a sign directing you to the station. I just love this.


stevie walker 014 stevie walker 032


The colours here appealed to me.


stevie walker 024 stevie walker 025


I didn’t get the focus right on this one, but I wanted to show you the beautiful contrast in green here.


stevie walker 027 stevie walker 048

7 comments:

ju-north said...

Love your photos! A very gracious answer!

Paula said...

Your photos & website are all so beautiful. I always enjoy looking in my blog reader & finding a new post by you. I'd love to visit Wales some day!

Heather said...

Wonderful photos Mags - full of gorgeous colours, shapes and textures, not to mention inspiration.

Ali Honey said...

I love it when you see "more than other eyes." The detail. The texture. The unusual. The different angle. I try for that too - (but not all the time.)
That is a cute wee flower ( probably considered a weed ? I think I have seen similar but the flower is mauve.)

Sheilasembroidery said...

The red contrasting with green looks vibrant

Deb H said...

It's good to see green Mags. I was hoping to some some on our trip here to Rhode Island, but it's still a little early. Your photos are lovely as always

Linda said...

Lovely photos Mags. I especially like the last one...such great colours. I can see that as the inspiration for a piece of textile work :-)