Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding

I’ve just been watching the news and feel so sorry for all those people in Alabama and Southern America who have been having to suffer the loss of so many people in those frightening tornadoes. My thoughts go out to them all.

Here in the UK Prince William and Catherine are now married and will be called the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. I was in LLandudno first thing this morning but have had the TV on since I came home. The atmosphere has been wonderful.

Llandudno 009

Kate dropped into Fortes Milk Bar our favourite coffee bar in Llandudno for a chat with us and she was beautiful and charming.

Llandudno 017

This first weekend in May is celebrated with a Victorian extravaganza and I thought this would make an interesting composition.

Llandudno 020

As it was fairly early I managed to take this photo without too many people surrounding it.

Llandudno 024

This one was already busy with loads of people watching. It was was a very exciting pece of machinery, but not for me. I found it very frightening.

Llandudno 021

These Bumper cars have always held a very strong attraction for me and was always one of my first rides at the fairground.

3 comments:

Heather said...

We are so lucky with our almost unpredictable but seldom violent weather. It is dreadful that we are enjoying a peaceful springtime while others are coping with total devastation. The Royal Wedding was a triumph of pageantry, tradition and military precision - congratulations to all concerned. I love the fairground - the carousel was always my favourite.

Valeri said...

What a lovely day! I love fairgrounds and especially bumper cars. Thank you for posting pictures to make me nostalgic!

Mermaid's Purse said...

Lovely photographs .... such wonderful colours on the horses!