Monday, May 02, 2011

Colours

estuary 002

I’ve been been stitching as I watch TV. This is a piece of fabric that I practised on if I needed to try a new technique or colour I used this. I don’t know what I’ll use it for yet. It may be cut up and added to something else. Maybe it will be cut into circles, but then I’d have to sea the edges in some way so they thread doesn’t fray. We’ll see.

estuary 046    estuary 030    estuary 044

I spent ages sitting at the window trying to capture the colour of the water this afternoon and the colours seemed to be getting deeper and deeper, but I just could not get it right. These photos just haven’t captured the wonderful shades i could see unfortunately.

estuary 013

5 comments:

dorothypandorasbox said...

You still did pretty well though M. They are lovely shots.
Dorothy

Chris Gray said...

Yes!...lovely piccies!

...and I love the happy little practice cloth too :-)

Heather said...

It's amazing how many different shades of colour there are in water. These pics are beautiful even if they aren't quite what you hoped for. I love your little stitchy piece - what a good idea.

JP said...

love the practice cloth - would make good cards and be appreciated by lots of different people!

Sandy said...

Journal Cover. The stitching is so nice and would make a great book.