Thursday, June 23, 2011

Aqua

estuary 001

Here are the serviettes I collected from friends when in Slovenia, but I don’t know when I will find time to use them. I’m busy preparing for a weekend workshop I’m giving at the beginning of August and I have just booked another for October 1st, so it’s all go here. Carol at the Stitch It shop in Llandudno has booked me for 2 more workshops, date not yet settled.

estuary 007

This piece was inspired by Jane Lafazio’s work and I really enjoyed making it, but haven’t got the colours here quite right.

c 011

As I was going through some of my photos I came across this one, taken at Plas Tan y Bwlch some time ago. People used to go to my GGM for medicines for different things and my mother once told me she had to go collecting these in a basket for her GM so she could use them for her healing. It’s such a pity these recipes were not passed on.

2 comments:

Heather said...

That's a lovely selection of serviettes Mags and your stitched piece is looking beautiful. I always feel that we have lost much of the knowledge our ancestors had. Natural remedies are still very effective and I have sometimes found them to be better than anything the chemist or doctor can offer.

Sandy said...

That's quite a collection. My friends give me some too, but I need to use them. The felted piece speaks to me.

It is a shame that the old medicine recipes weren't saved. I'll bet they worked as well and had fewer side effects.