Monday, August 15, 2011

CTDG Summer School

I am such a lucky lady! When I realised I’d double booked myself at the end of July and the beginning of August. My West Wales workshop finished at 3pm on Sunday and I had to be at the Computer Textile Design Group Summer School that same evening and there was no way I could do both. My friend Dorothy told me off and said I had to go to the CTDG workshop and then my friend Christine said she’d like to come too and so we both came straight from her house without calling home to Christleton in Chester. A bit of a rush, but well worth it. We had a wonderful workshop with Carolyn Sinclair being inspired to use our Embroidery software. She was very patient and inspirational.

CTDG 027

Here is Carolyn instructing Christine who was just beginning to use her Bernina machine and software.

CTDG 003  CTDG 002

We used letters to create negative shapes, some curvy and some angular and we used these to digitize.

CTDG 045

Here is my friend Dorothy with her niece Ann.

CTDG 040

Some of Carolyn’s inspiring art.

CTDG 034

Lorna is looking very busy!

8 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds fascinating. Glad you were able to enjoy it all inspite of the rush to get from A to B.

Ann Divine said...

Thanks for putting up pics of the Summer School. Dorothy will tell you off for posting the one of her!

AD

essay writing service said...

Thanks for info

Miss Emma Dawson said...

I was trying to find this. Really refreshing take on the information. Thanks a lot.

Valeri said...

Thank you for this review and pictures. I envy you!

Donna said...

Looks like you all had a really good time - despite the rush. You have certainly had a very busy summer - don't know how you fit it all in.

Mike said...

Sounds like a good time. THanks for the pics.

Kitchen Benchtops said...

It is always fascinating to learn how others work.