Friday, October 14, 2011

Ally Pally

 

I didn’t take many photos a the Knitting and Stitching Show this year, but I had to take this as a reminder of a wonderful way of using the things I pick up on my journeys wherever I go. The work is Gwen Hedley and I was tempted to buy one of them.

Ally Pally 008

I did let others take my photo though.

Ally Pally 001

With Dale (Rollerson) The Thread Studio where I buy a lot of my wool tops.

Ally Pally 015

With Paulene (Cattle) Stringy Cow who has a very successful shop called ‘Chalk’ on Wimbledon High street. If you live nearby it’s well worth a visit.

Ally Pally 011

With Anita Bruce, this lady’s work is wonderful so have a look at her website. Here she was showing me how useful her new iPad 2 is for her work.

Ally Pally 013

With Lorna (Rand) on the right. We were both manning the CTDG stand for an hour together where we met Kalpana Tapkire, a charming Indian lady who was visiting her daughters in London. She says her career is Interior Design, but her passion is embroidery.

5 comments:

Heather said...

A friend of mine did buy one of Gwen Hedley's pieces but has to wait until the K&S show tour is over to get it. Lucky you to meet Dale Rollerson - I would love to get to the show to meet her but know that my legs would never last the day.

Thimble Fingers said...

I'm lucky enough to live in the same city as Dale and LOVE going to her home/shop ... she and Ian are the loveliest people and have the most amazing goodies to tempt me. I always feel like a kid in a sweet shop when I go to their shop or stall. Looks like you had a great time, wish I was there ... so envious!!

Sue Bleiweiss said...

Great photos Mags!

Maggi said...

Lovely personal photos of the show. Just hoping the snow stays away for Harrogate!

Textile Queenie said...

I was already keen to get to Harrogate, now I'm even more eager! thanks for the taster.