Saturday, October 22, 2011

Textile landscape

teasels 001

This piece was inspired by Angie Lewin’s work and a photo of some teasels I took when I was out walking on the estuary footpath and I started it at a lovely workshop with Stevie Walker. I was very pleased with it originally and then things started going wrong and I left it for months, but as I had already filled a form to say it was going into the North Wales Embroiderers’ Guild Biannual exhibition it had to be finished. The colours here are not perfect, but I wanted some idea of how it would look framed and it is being framed for me by Monday. Cutting it fine maybe, but that’s how I operate I’m afraid.

EG Exh 2011 001

Here is the programme for the exhibition and those who have visited one before will know that it will be a feast for the eyes, so if you live within travelling distance please do come and see us. I promise you a great welcome and if you are there on Friday afternoon I shall be on the demonstration table between 3 and 5pm, so please ome and say hello.

17 comments:

Heather said...

It's beautiful Mags and I love teasels. You have captured them perfectly. Good luck with the exhibition and if I wasn't so far away I'd certainly come to see it.

Helen Suzanne said...

Hi Mags, well done on finishing it on time ;) It's a lovely piece. Teasles are some of my favourite plants and the gold finches love them... I must plant some for next year. Good luck with the exhibition!

Maggi said...

A lovely piece. Good luck with the exhibition.

Annette J said...

Just got three words to say - "I love it".

artymess said...

love this piece ....x

artymess said...

love this piece ....x

PaulineC said...

This is so beautiful. I really love it.

Julie said...

It looks great Mags. Enjoy the exhibition. If only we were a bit nearer!

Annabel said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog Mags (Life-Measures of Time) I thought I'd whizz over and find out what you get up to if it isn't quilting, and I just wanted to say that I love the teasles. Good luck with the exhibition.

Ali Honey said...

I love the blue you have used Mags. I hope you have a great exhibition.

Gina said...

I think it is beautiful Mags. Good luck with the exhibition

Thimble Fingers said...

Just beautiful!!

Lydia La La said...

You live in the nicest area of the world, North Wales. I love it.My friend and his family own a golf course at Rhos on Sea where you are holding your Tantalising Textiles day, lucky people.

Val Dcopomenis said...

Judging by this piece and the cover for the Guild Exhibition it will be the usual super show. At moments like this I wish I wasn't on the other side of the world. Val Duncan

MargaretR said...

Thanks to everyone for your lovely encouraging comments.

Jane Greiner said...

I really love this piece, Margaret. The composition is perfect and the colours are amazing. I have got a thing about seedheads at the moment, so this ticks all the right boxes for me!

luby said...

hermes portefeuille
levi's portefeuille
Louis Vuitton portefeuille
marc jacobs portefeuille
Louis Vuitton ceinture en cuir
bottes Dolce Gabbana femmes