Friday, August 10, 2012

The Computer Textile Summer School

A wonderful time was had by all who took part. We had wonderful tutors – Sarah Brownie, Carolyn Sinclair and Janet Bowen. I know I would have enjoyed every one of them, but chose Carolyn’s Workshop on using the computerised sewing machine which I have been neglecting in the last 8 years or so, but I recently upgraded my Bernina V4 software to V6. The workshop has really inspired me to use it more and I learned such a lot.

I used a photo of some Lily Pads taken at Lake Bled in Slovenia last year as my inspiration.

lily pads 001

Lake Bled, Slovenia.

Bernina image       CTDG 2012 002

The image on the left is a printout and the one on the right has been stitched out on top a previous smaller stitch out. I do need to refine it quite a bit  though. I will be able show you a finished piece of work before long.

8 comments:

Fran├žoise said...

Beautiful work Mags.
It's nice to have you back in blogland.

Heather said...

I wondered what you had been up to Mags. Lovely image and beautiful stitchery.

Maggi said...

Lovely effects from a gorgeous postcard. Welcome back.

Helen Cowans said...

Looks wonderful :)

Annette J said...

I'm very impressed and wish I could have joined you on the course.

kathy said...

very very nice. Looking forward to seeing the end result

Deb H said...

Beautiful photo & stitching. Nice to see you again!

Elena Pititto said...

Great blog!!! Follow each other? Now I follow you! : ) http://thelittledreamerbyep.blogspot.it/