Friday, March 29, 2013

Conwy Castle

It's a really gorgeous morning here in Conwy and it gives one hope that spring may have arrived at last. The sun and the shadows on the castle in the early morning are fantastic.
It's too early even for the dog walkers.


The shine on the frozen snow was too difficult to capture,but it really did shine like glass.
 The little red house is said to be the smallest house in great Britain. I paid to go inside to have a look when I was about 14 years old - quite a long time ago now and I remember climbing a ladder to have a look at the bunk bed that filled it from wall to wall. We were told the fisherman who lived there with his mother slept in it and he was 6 foot tall.










More signs of Spring, there are shoots on the hydrangea bush. Those daffodils were flattened by snow a few days ago.
And this is what it looked like through the window then.

4 comments:

dorothypandorasbox said...

God to see you back posting again and as always I envy your lovely view.

Heather said...

Beautiful photos as usual Mags. We have no snow here, thank goodness, though it does look lovely. Each morning my hellebores are bowed down by the cold air, then gradually they all stand up again. It seems strange to feel so cold and yet see all the spring flowers in everyone's gardens. I wonder how much longer it will be before we feel warm again.

ju-north said...

Lovely views! We enjoyed views from the other side last year on Anglesey!

Ann Christine Dennison said...

You have brought back memories from my childhood when I visited Anglesey and Conwy castle as a kid with Mum and Dad. I raced around the castle with such enthusiasm, it was such an adventure. Thanks for sharing these lovely photo's :-)