Thursday, March 14, 2013

More umbrellas

Thanks to everyone who commented on the blog recently. I forgot that I'd changed the setting as I'd been having a lot of spam and this meant all the comments needed moderation and I hadn't seen them.


This has black smoke, but we now have a new Pope. I think Pope Francis seems to be very human and pleasant. I'm not a Catholic and I'm not even religious, but I have been very interested in what has been going on in St. Peter's square. As you can imagine all those umbrellas were tempting and I couldn't resist a quick sketch. It would have been more difficult to sketch the jubilation of the crowd when the white smoke came out of that chimney.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Lovely sketch Mags. Umbrellas make a great subject.

Marian Hall said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marian Hall said...

I really like your umbrella drawing. With the weather we're having there should be plenty of opportunity for us all to sketch people with umbrellas!