Saturday, March 16, 2013

The Gimp

I've been playing with the Gimp all afternoon with one eye on the Rugby on TV. Didn't Wales do well? :) I was shouting with the best of them.
I may have mentioned it before, but I'll repeat it. I must start on my SerenTex project which uses the Victoria Pier Colwyn Bay as the inspiration. I find it very difficult to get my head around a set project like this as I have to really 'want' to do something before I can get my teeth into it. I've been thinking and designing for months for this one. I took photos ages ago and keep looking at them getting more and more ideas, but nothing that I'm really happy about. 



Here are some ideas I've developed using The Gimp programme which is a great free programme. It has some lovely unusual filters which I've been using.




Here are a few more.

4 comments:

ju-north said...

Great effects with the Gimp Margaret!
Love the vivid colours!

Heather said...

I'm sure you'll come up with something good Mags - your inspiration designs are wonderful. Maybe you have too many to make a choice easy.
Wales really trounced us didn't they? They played a magnificent game and my husband is not a happy man!!

MargaretR said...

Thanks, both of you.
Yes, they did play well didn't they? I'm hoarse this morning :)

Maggi said...

Fantastic possibilities with these photos