Monday, April 29, 2013

Beautiful Gift

I had a visit from a friend yesterday and she brought me a beautiful bunch of flowers and she chose these in particular because she knew I could make some use of these particular flowers in the bunch.

A lovely spiral

As I was up very early this morning I started to play with them in PSP and I came up with some interesting images. I used the wrapping paper as background to get the feel of the colours in the bunch.

My lovely flowers

As you can see I'm not much of a flower arranger, but I do love flowers.


Twists and spirals

I'm certain you will be seeing a lot of images created using these flowers, but here are some I made earlier!


A pattern
Textured twists

But who is this hiding in my lovely flowers?

5 comments:

Heather said...

Lovely images from your flowers. The spiral shapes of these particular ones fascinate me and they must look wonderful growing wild in their native South Africa.

ju-north said...

So nice to get a gift like this! HI just gave me a bunch of lilies not yet open - the camera is ready! (BTW your blog page is just a bit too wide for my screen, which is unusual - maybe it's something at my end)

dorothypandorasbox said...

Those are gorgeous. well done you :-)

Annette J said...

You do much better than me. Mine always look as thought I've just dropped them in a jam jar. Beautiful colours though.

ju-north said...

Re screen - much better - can see everything now! If I am being picky, the page needs to be moved slightly to the left (as you are looking at it) but it doesn't cut off any of the words. As I say, it may be a fault at my end!