Saturday, April 06, 2013

Digital flowers

I'm afraid I'm still playing with the Gimp instead of working on my SerenTex project and I've made a couple more designs using the wrought iron from Colwyn Bay Pier. 


Wrought iron

The one I liked was the bottom image in yesterday's post, but  I had made a mistake when I was developing it and it's far too small to be of any use in this project. Never mind I had an excuse to try out another. It's not quite what I'm after just yet, but I'll have another go.

  

As I was playing with my laptop I decided to try and make some digital flowers inspired by Ro Bruhn's video workshop in 21 Secrets
Ro makes them using paint etc. but I haven't started on those yet as I'm just going through all the other videos in the Workshop.

5 comments:

Dotti said...

That Wrought Iron piece would make a fabulous stencil!

MargaretR said...

Thanks for commenting Dotti. I am making a stencil and also going to try and cut it out with my new Silhouette machine :) I'll let you know how I get on in a post soon I hope.

Heather said...

Love that wrought iron design. I haven't got any digital design programmes which is just as well! I love the designs you have created but I would never get anything done if I made a start!

Maggi said...

Amazing flowers. Hope the stencil making works.

Maggi said...

Fabulous flowers. Hope the stencil making works